Cleaning of SS Trolleys, Pallets and Racks
- To lay down a procedure for cleaning of SS Trolleys, Pallets and Racks
- This SOP is applicable for cleaning of SS Trolleys, Pallets and Racks in Raw Material Store/packing material/finished good at formulation plant of Pharma Company.
- Store personnel shall be responsible to follow the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Store in charge shall be responsible for implementation of the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Store in charge & Head QA shall be accountable for the implementation of this SOP.
Abbreviations and Definitions
- SOP : Standard Operating Procedure; a document where step by step instructions are cited to serve as support for methods or manners of fulfilling a function or functions reliably and consistently.
- QA : Quality Assurance
- SS : Stainless Steel
- IPA : Isopropyl alcohol
Cleaning of SS Trolleys
- Transfer the SS trolley to the washing area for cleaning.
- Clean the SS trolleys with running purified water till visually clean.
- Remove the loosely adhered dust and powder from the trolleys using lint free cloth/duster.
- Finally rinse the trolley using sufficient quantity of purified water.
- Clean the wheels using wet cloth/duster.
- Wipe the trolley dry using dry lint free cloth.
- Ensure the cleanliness and dryness of the trolley.
- Frequency of cleaning the SS Trolleys shall be weekly or as when required.
Cleaning of Pallets
- Remove dirty pallets from the rack with hydraulic stacker and transfer to the floor.
- Transfer the pallets to the washing area for cleaning.
- Remove the dust and powder if any from the pallets using lint dry lint free cloth/duster.
- In case of any stain, clean the pallets with wet mop with 70% IPA.
- Clean the pallet with running purified water till visually clean.
- Dry the pallet with clean dry lint free cloth/ duster.
- Ensure the cleanliness and dryness of pallet.
- Re-arrange the pallets in the respective racks.
- Frequency of cleaning the pallet shall be weekly or as when required.
Cleaning of Racks
- Make sure that the racks are empty.
- Remove the dust and powder if any from the rack using dry lint free cloth/duster followed by wet lint free cloth/duster soaked with disinfectant solution.
- Wipe the rack dry using clean dry lint free cloth.
- Ensure the cleanliness and dryness of racks.
- Frequency of cleaning the racks shall be weekly or as when required.
Forms and Records
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance,
|Reason for Revision