- To lay down a procedure to ensure proper stock rotation of Raw materials, Packing Materials, and Finished Goods so that the stock rotation of the materials may be on the “First-in, First-out” basis.
- This Standard Operating Procedure is applicable in Store for Stock Rotation of Raw Materials, Packing Materials, and Finished Goods on the “First-in, First-out” basis at the formulation plant.
- Store personnel shall be responsible to follow the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Store in charge shall be responsible for the implementation of the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Store Incharge & QA Head shall be accountable for the implementation of this SOP.
Abbreviations and Definitions
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure; a document where step-by-step instructions are cited to serve as support for methods or manners of fulfilling a function or functions reliably and consistently.
- QA: Quality Assurance
- FIFO: First In First Out
- The persons holding charges of the stores of Raw Materials, Packing Materials and Finished Goods shall maintain their stores adopting a system to avoid the materials brought earlier may not remain in the store without disposal for a long time by dispatching the later ones.
- The persons holding charges of stores shall adopt the procedure of the proper stock rotation of the materials stored by them on the basis of “First-in, First-out” (FIFO).
- The materials shall be stored in such a way to enable quick identification and stock movement.
- The stocks should be racked and stored in a manner that earlier stocks are more easily accessible than the later ones.
- The stock received should be with proper documents detailing the name of material, the batch number, quantity received and date of expiry, if any.
- The stock control system must be such that only passed lots (released) are issued.
- The materials should be stored on shelves at convenient heights and with proper labels which clearly identify the materials and with status labels of “Released” on each packing.
- List of materials giving details such as their names, batch numbers, date of manufacture and date of Expiry, if any, and quantities in stock, should be prepared.
- The stock rotation shall be such that the materials are disposed of on the “First-in, First-out” basis, i.e. in sequence of their receipt to avoid disposal of any material received later than the one received earlier.
Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Store
|Reason for Revision