Entry & Exit in Microbiology Laboratory
- To lay down a procedure for entry & exit in Microbiology Laboratory.
- This SOP is applicable for entry & exit in the microbiology laboratory
- A microbiologist is responsible to follow this SOP.
- Department Head & QA Head shall be accountable for the implementation of this SOP.
Abbreviations and Definitions
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
- QC: Quality Control
- Enter into the airlock – I by pushing the door and then remove apron, caps, slippers, etc. and keep it in lockers.
- Disinfect the hands with disinfectant solution 70% Iso Propyl Alcohol.
- Wear a pair of sterile gloves.
- Take the sterile gown pack from the garment cubicle.
- Take the sterile headgear from the pack and wear the headgear first. Ensure that hairs are completely covered.
- Take the sterile gown from the pack and wear it. Ensure that the neck of the head cover is folded inside the gown.
- Wear the booties & wipe the hands with disinfectant solution.
- Enter into the airlock – III and then in the sterility testing area by opening the door with the help of the elbow.
- Enter into the airlock – III by pulling the door.
- Then enter into the airlock – II and take out the gown, headgear, gloves, and booties put them on the used garments labeled bin.
- Take the aprons from the cabinet and wear them. Wear the slippers and wipe the hands with disinfectant and enter the laboratory.
Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Control
Abha is the Author of pharmaceutical guidance, she is a pharmaceutical professional having more than 22 years of rich experience in pharmaceutical field.
During her career, she works in the quality assurance department with multinational companies i.e Zydus Cadila Ltd, Unichem Laboratories Ltd, Indoco remedies Ltd. During his experience, she faces many regulatorily audits i.e. USFDA, MHRA, ANVISA, MCC, TGA, EU –GMP, WHO –Geneva, ISO 9001-2008 and many ROW Regularities Audit i.e.Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zimbabwe. She is currently leading a regulatory pharmaceutical company as a Head Quality. You can join him by Email, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and YouTube