Entry & Exit in Microbiology Laboratory
- To lay down a procedure for entry & exit in Microbiology Laboratory.
- This SOP is applicable for entry & exit in the microbiology laboratory
- A microbiologist is responsible to follow this SOP.
- Department Head & QA Head shall be accountable for the implementation of this SOP.
Abbreviations and Definitions
- SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
- QC: Quality Control
- Enter into the airlock – I by pushing the door and then remove apron, caps, slippers, etc. and keep it in lockers.
- Disinfect the hands with disinfectant solution 70% Iso Propyl Alcohol.
- Wear a pair of sterile gloves.
- Take the sterile gown pack from the garment cubicle.
- Take the sterile headgear from the pack and wear the headgear first. Ensure that hairs are completely covered.
- Take the sterile gown from the pack and wear it. Ensure that the neck of the head cover is folded inside the gown.
- Wear the booties & wipe the hands with disinfectant solution.
- Enter into the airlock – III and then in the sterility testing area by opening the door with the help of the elbow.
- Enter into the airlock – III by pulling the door.
- Then enter into the airlock – II and take out the gown, headgear, gloves, and booties put them on the used garments labeled bin.
- Take the aprons from the cabinet and wear them. Wear the slippers and wipe the hands with disinfectant and enter the laboratory.
Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Control