Physical and chemical quality control test of purified water
- To provide the procedure of purified water quality control.
- This procedure is applicable to the quality control of purified water in the sampling point.
- Quality Control Analyst shall be responsible to follow the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
- Quality Control and Head QA Head shall be accountable for compliance of this SOP.
- Raw water analysis report – Attachment-I
- Use 500 ml sample bottle with a stopper for sampling.
- On the sample bottle write the name of sample, place and date of sampling.
- Allow water to run for 2-3 min. before sampling.
- Fill the sample bottle to the brim level to avoid any gaseous contamination.
- Analyze water as per BP specification.
- Carry out the following tests every Monday from the point No.5: Description, Nitrates, Heavy Metals, Acidity or Alkalinity, Oxidisable Substances, Chlorides, Sulphates, Ammonium, Calcium and Magnesium, Residue on Evaporation, pH, Conductivity.
- Purified water is sampled daily and analyzed only for the following parameters: Description, pH, Conductivity.
- From other points sampling is carried out as per the approved plan.
- Perform the analysis in duplicate if results are erroneous.
- Report any unusual observations to Lab. In-Charge.
- Quality Assurance Department
- Quality Control Department
- Engineering Department
HISTORY OF REVISION
Raw water analysis report
|Name of product||Purified water||Spec-n No. (Code)|
|Quantity:||Date of sampling||Quantity sampled||Point:|
|S. No.||Test parameter||Specification||Observation|
Remarks: the product complies with the specification
|Prepared By:||Approved By:|