STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE
Title :Procedure for handling of cultures & contaminated material
- To lay down a procedure for handling of cultures & contaminated material.
- This SOP is applicable for handling of cultures & contaminated material in microbiology laboratory .
- Officer / Executive- QC M – responsible for Implementation of SOP.
- Manager – Quality Control
- Used 2.5% Savlon /filtered 70% Isopropyl alcohol Solution to disinfect the spillage.
- Wear hand gloves and spray /pour the disinfectant solution on the spilled medium/spilled culture.
- If glassware is broken, pick up the broken glass pieces. Soak the broken glass pieces to the container meant for collection of broken glassware.
- Swab the area of spillage to remove the media traces of medium/ microbial culture using a sterile non shedding duster soaked in disinfectant solution.
- Wipe clean the area of spillage with a sterile non shedding duster soaked in disinfectant solution.
- In case of aerosol has been created during spillage, fumigate the area on same time.
- In case of spillage of medium/ culture on LAF bench, clean the spillage with sterile non-shedding duster soaked in disinfectant solution. Switch on the UV light for one hour before start any activity in LAF unit.
SOP – Standard operating procedure
LAF – Laminar Air Flow
UV – Ultra Violet
- FORMAT- Nil.
- DISTRIBUTION LIST
|Sr. No.||Copy No.||Department|
|VP – Plant & Operations|