Cleaning of Dispensing and Sampling Tools
- To lay down a procedure for Cleaning of Dispensing and Sampling Tools after dispensing and sampling activities respectively.
- This standard operating procedure is applicable for Cleaning of Dispensing and Sampling Tools
- Trained Worker shall be responsible for cleaning of Dispensing/Sampling Aids.
- Store & QC personnel shall be responsible for checking of dispensing and sampling tools cleanliness as per SOP.
- Store In charge, Quality Control Head and Quality Assurance Head shall be accountable for implementation of this SOP.
Abbreviations and Definitions
- SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
- Sampling Tools : All the devices used for the sampling purpose i.e. Spatulas, Spoons and Sampling Rod etc.
- IPA : Iso Propyl Alcohol
- After dispensing or sampling activities, wrap the tools with butter paper / polyethylene sheet along with “TO BE CLEANED” label and transfer to washing area.
- Clean the total surface of tools with running potable water.
- Finally rinse with purified water.
- Allow to drain the water from the tools and wipe with clean wet (with 70% IPA) lint free cloth. Wipe the tools with clean, dry lint free cloth.
- Check visually for the cleaning of the device and re-clean if required / found dirty.
- After dispensing/sampling of each batch, the above mentioned cleaning procedure for dispensing and sampling tools shall be followed.
- The cleaned sampling device shall be wrapped with clean aluminum foil/butter paper/polythene.
- After cleaning ‘Cleaned Label’ shall be affixed.
- The cleaned sampling device shall be kept in respective areas.
- The cleaning details shall be recorded as per Annexure – I.
- The cleaned sampling device shall be used within five days. If not, re-cleaning shall be done.
Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Cleaning Record of Dispensing & Sampling Tools – Annexure I
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Stores, Quality Control, Quality Assurance
Cleaning Record of Dispensing & Sampling Tools
|Prepared by||Checked by||Approved by|
|Deptt. Head||Head QA|
|Sign & Date|
|Effective Date: Next Review Date:|
|AREA: Dispensing Booth (ID No. ______________) / Sampling Booth (ID No. __________)|
|Date||Product Name||Batch No.||Dispensing / Sampling Tools||Done by||Checked by||Remarks|