MFR OF AMPICILLIN DRY SYRUP
PURPOSE: This Standard Operating Procedure is written to describe the formulae, manufacturing procedure, specifications, packing details of dosage form.
SCOPE: This procedure is performed and is applied during the manufacturing of dosage form.
RESPONSIBILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY: It is the responsibility of Manufacturing Chemist to follow and adhere to this SOP. The Production Pharmacist, QC/QA Manager are accountable for the strict adherence to the master formula.
COPY ISSUED TO:
- Master Copy : Manager Quality Assurance
- Copy No. 1 : Production Pharmacist
- Copy No. 2 : Manager Quality Control
- Copy No. 3 : β – Lactam Dry Syrup
|PRODUCT NAME: AMPICILLIN DRY SYRUP||BATCH SIZE: 120 KGS|
|PRODUCT REFERENCE CODE:||UNIT SIZE: 24 g|
|GENERIC NAME: AMPICILLIN ORAL SUSPENSION||PACK SIZE: 144 X 60 ml|
|DOSAGE FORM: DRY SYRUP||STRENGTH: N.A.|
|DEPARTMENT: β – LACTAM DEPARTMENT||EXPIRY DATE: AFTER 27 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF MANUFACTURING|
Each 5 ml of prepared suspension contains:
Ampicillin Trihydrate B.P.
Equivalent to Ampicillin 125 mg
EQUIPMENTS TO BE USED:
|SR. NO.||NAME OF EQUIPMENT||ASSEMBLING
AS PER SOP NO.
AS PER SOP NO.
|2||Double Cone Blender (200 kgs)|
|3||Air Jet Bottle Cleaning Machine|
|4||Automatic Double Head Dry Powder Filling & Single Head Screw Capping Machine|
|5||Automatic Bottle Labelling Machine|
|6||Shrink Packing Machine|
|S.NO.||INGREDIENTS||STD||Theoretical Quantity Req.||Overages %||Total
|2||AMPICILLIN TRIHYDRATE||B.P.||8.625||5.00||9.056 KGS|
|3||CMC SODIUM||B.P.||1.875||1.875 KGS|
|4||CARMOISINE COLOUR||FCF||8.000||8.100 GMS|
|5||METHYL PARABEN SODIUM||B.P.||0.300||0.300 KGS|
|6||PROPYL PARABEN SODIUM||B.P.||0.075||0.075 KGS|
|7||PHARMA GRADE SUGAR||B.P.||105.300||105.300 KGS|
|8||SODIUM BENZOATE||B.P.||1.500||1.500 KGS|
|9||SUNSET YELLOW SUPRA||FCF||16.500||16.500 GMS|
|10||VANILLA DRY POWDER||F.G.||1.500||1.500 KGS|
|S.NO.||NAME OF THE MATERIAL||THEORETICAL QUANTITY REQ.||FOR
|TOTAL QUANTITY USED|
|1.||60 ML AMBER RING BOTTLES||5000.000||5000.000 NOS|
|2||ADHESIVE TAPE ROLL BROWN||1.000||1.000 NOS|
|4||UNIT CARTONS||5000.000||2.000||5002.000 NOS|
|5||GUM ACCACIA||0.500||0.500 KGS|
|6||CORRUGATED BOX||35.000||35.000 NOS|
|7||PILFER PROOF CAPS – 25 MM||5000.000||5000.000 NOS|
|8||SHRINK FILM 240 X 220 MM||417||417 NOS|
- Moisture content of powder should be less than 2.0 %.
- Use Amber glass bottle with mark at 60 ml.
- Fill 24 g of powder in each bottle within range of 200
- Mix the batch, fill and seal the bottles at temperature not more than 250 C and Relative Humidity not more than 40%.
- Theoretical Yield is 5000 bottles.
- Expected Practical Yield is 5000 + 2%
- Label the filled and sealed bottles using Automatic Labelling Machine as per its SOP and pack the bottles in unit carton individually.
- Make a group of 12 bottles packed in unit cartons.
- Wrap this bundle in the thermoplastic film and shrink pack it by operating Shrink Machine as per its SOP.
- Pack such 12 shrinked packets in the Corrugated box . Thus each corrugated box contains 12 x 12 filled and sealed bottles.
- Seal the each corrugated box with adhesive tape and label it properly by affixing the specified label.
- Fit the 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the Sifter as per its SOP and place Stainless Steel Container below the discharge hopper.
- Sift the 9.056 Kgs of Amoxycillin Trihydrate through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and let it to collect in the container kept below the discharge hopper.
- Sift the 0.650 Kgs of Aerosil through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 1.875 Kgs of Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 0.300 Kgs of Methyl Paraben Sodium through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 0.075 kgs of Propyl Paraben Sodium through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 1.5 Kgs of Sodium Benzoate through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Mix the Sunset Yellow Colour 0.0165 Kg and 0.0081 kg of Carmoisine with 0.100 Kg of Aerosil and sift through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 1.5 Kgs of Vanilla Dry Powder through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the same container.
- Sift the 105.4 Kgs of Pharma grade Sugar through 30 No. Stainless Steel Sieve on the sifter and collect in the separate container.
- Transfer the above sifted ingredients to Double Cone Blender and mix it for 1 hour as per its SOP
- Send the sample to Quality Control Department for bulk testing.
- After receiving the Bulk Test Report from Q.C. Dept. start filling and sealing 24g of powder in clean, amber bottles by using Automatic Double Head Dry Powder Filling And Single Head Screw Capping Machine as per its SOP.
- Label the filled bottles by using Automatic Bottle Labelling Machine as per its SOP.
The following in-process controls should be maintained during the processing:
- Check Raw materials used for manufacturing purpose are all approved materials and have ‘Released’ labels fixed on it.
- All weighed Raw materials should be counter-checked by Manufacturing Chemist. If any discrepancy is noticed, it should be immediately brought to the notice of Production Pharmacist and QC/QA Manager.
- Physical characteristics of Raw material like colour, odour, and consistency are checked before compounding.
- Humidity and temperature should be maintained during the manufacturing, filling and sealing.
- Relative Humidity – 35+5%
- Temperature – 25+2oC
- The total weight of blended powder should be checked in the presence of Manufacturing Chemist and record the same in Batch Manufacturing Record.
- Bulk sample should be sent for analysis to Quality Control Department before starting the filling and sealing stage.
- Intermittently the Assistant Manufacturing Chemist should check weight of filled powder at the interval of 30 minutes and record for the same should be kept in Batch Manufacturing Record.
- The net weight should be checked for both the filling nozzles and in no case, net weight should be less than weight claimed on the label.
Limit for Weight Variation: Weight claimed on the label + 200mg
- Visual inspection of filled and sealed bottles should be done as per SOP and the record of the same should be kept in the Batch Manufacturing Record.
- The labels and cartons should be checked thoroughly for proper batch coding.
- Intimation should be sent to Quality Control Department for finished product sampling and testing.
- After the completion of labelling and packaging, the coded labels and cartons should be accounted for and rejected printed material should be destroyed in the presence of QC/QA Manager. Maintain the destruction of the same in the Batch Manufacturing Record.
- It will be ensure that filling or packaging equipment has been properly cleaned.
Filling or packaging of next product should not commence until the IPQA has given the ‘Line Clearance’.